Methodist ChurchRead here the History of Elmswell Methodist Society (1959) by Rev. Bullen, and articles by John Fenton.
The first chapel (also shown) opened in 1818, and was demolished in 1898; Cornelius F. Matthew (c.1804-1898), Leader of the Elmswell Methodists - (yes, departed the same year as the chapel itself!)
1. Wesley Chapel, 1905
(Paul Peachey Coll. No. 23) .. Full size