lived in the village for many years, and was Local History Recorder prior to Maureen Dow. He prepared a folder of materials which could be useful to children wanting to know about the village history for their school project work. It contains a collection of newspaper cuttings and a photocopy of some handwritten notes prepared earlier (on foolscap-sized sheets) by Norman Sinclair, a village stalwart who was for a time on the Parish Council. Mike donated the folder to the library, but it is now held by the History Group.
- The last stationmaster, Frank Thompson (EADT, c.1979)
- Drought of 1921 - letter from J Borley
- Article of c.1970, Dennis Dyball, Oswald Wyatt, Hawes, Bacon Factory...
- Article of February 1972 by Eric Rayner
- Vandals, Norman Sinclair - cricket secretary, EADT 10th April 1979
- A defiant Jim Baker, EADT 23rd October 1981
- Butcher with horse-drawn cart, Ernie Goodfellow, 31st October 1981
- 1983 - New home for printing machine
- 1984, perhaps - Mrs Jean Mulley, undertaker
- EADT 7th November 1986 - Elmswell plan for homes approved
- 1994 - Life by the fast lane brings change for the better
- 1996 - Time capsule in new village green